BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange
Real-Time Auditing and Compliance Reporting For Microsoft Exchange
PowerBroker Auditor for Microsoft Exchange audits and reports on all changes made to all Exchange Server configurations, groups, mailbox policies, information store changes, and permissions in a centralized audit log. A single real-time audit database for reporting and alerting simplifies compliance and mitigates security risks.
Microsoft Exchange is the critical platform for organizations to communicate both internally and externally with partners, customers, and prospects. These communications may include sensitive information such as financial, intellectual property and private data that is often shared via emails. Many organizations lack the visibility needed to determine if emails are being inappropriately accessed by unintended recipients, or if configuration changes are occurring that may impact service. This information is also needed to prove that industry or regulatory compliance requirements are being met.
Auditing for Compliance
BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange is a proactive solution that audits, alerts, and reports on Exchange configuration and permission changes. Our integrated solution provides a centralized, real-time audit database for tracking activities such as non-owner mailbox access, changes to mailbox policies, public or private information store changes. PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange is designed to audit, report, and alert on policy violations as well as changes associated with day-to-day administration. This powerful solution monitors the Exchange environment in real-time, tracking the “who, what, where and when” for every change, including the old and new values.
Comprehensive Change Monitoring - Who, What, Where, When
PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange captures all the essential information for any modification, including who made the change, when it was made, and where it was made from. For every event, PowerBroker captures the before and after values to clearly highlight the change. Additionally, unlike other auditing solutions, PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange provides interactive analysis with flexible, attributelevel filtering and reporting, enabling administrators to more accurately and rapidly isolate users or programs that may be making inappropriate changes in your Exchange environment.
PowerBroker’s advanced change monitoring capabilities help you ensure that your organization is in compliance with external regulations and internal security initiatives. You can also prove to auditors that corporate policies for compliance have not deviated over time. Its built-in reporting library offers out-of-the box reporting templates, while the custom reporting wizard makes it easy to create custom reports and alerts on any configuration, server, and/or mailbox change, including flexible filtering on every attribute.
With PowerBroker’s zero-touch scheduled reporting, you can run reports against the central database and automatically email reports to administrators, security officers, and business data owners. In addition, PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange translates all events into plain language that can be easily understood.
Minimize the impact of unwanted changes or actions with instant alerts. PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange enables administrators to quickly react and resolve critical changes that could affect the security or availability of your organization’s Microsoft Exchange email environment. Immediate notification of non-owner accesses to sensitive mailboxes allows administrators to quickly react to potential breaches.
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite
PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange is part of the PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite. The suite provides centralized, real-time change auditing for Active Directory, File Servers, Exchange, SQL, and NetApp.
- Audit and Alert - Audit the who, what, where, and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp. Alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns.
- Discover and Enforce - Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources — and only those resources — they need to do their jobs.
- Recover and Roll Back - Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime.
- Extend and Enhance - Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp environments.
Real-Time Centralized Exchange Auditing and Alerting
Audit, alert and report on all changes made in Exchange in real time without relying on difficult and cumbersome native event logs. Centralized, real-time auditing of the who, what, when and where for every change – including before and after values and simplified event translation – helps to quickly identify changes that can impact the security of the environment.
Integration Across the Windows Environment
PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange is part of a suite of auditing and recovery solutions that track and alert to changes across the Windows environment – from Exchange, to Windows File Servers to SQL Server. A single pane of glass helps administrators more quickly meet compliance needs.
Non-Owner Mailbox Access Reporting
Audit and report on non-owner mailbox activity to prevent inappropriate access to sensitive information and mitigate the risk of possible data loss or security breaches.
Features and Benefits:
- Audit non-owner mailbox access: Monitor access for compliance and tighter security.
- Immediately address incidents: Learn of inappropriate Exchange modifications via real-time alerts.
- Pinpoint configuration changes: Track changes to server policy and security settings, including the originating IP address.
- Access every detail: Gain unmatched levels of detail over competitive solutions and native logs.
- Audit event translation: Enable less technical users to understand what activity has occurred while still maintaining the advanced details that administrators require.
- Customize alerting: Design HTML templates or plain text email notifications, and simplify the appending, replacing or removing of recipients to alert notifications.
- Intelligent search: Allow administrators or auditors to filter what they are looking for based on a user-friendly description of the change activity.
- User preferences: Increase usability and enable a consistent experience for users with more than a dozen customizable preferences – from colorblind options to column order
Reporting and Compliance
- Gain actionable information: Leverage out-of-the-box report templates and wizard-driven custom reporting capabilities.
- Centralize all audits: Access all audit data via a single database.
- Drill down: Filter, search and report at the server, account, event-type and attribute levels.
- Automate and schedule: Automatically email reports to administrators, security officers, and business data
- Confirm compliance: Provide access and change histories for compliance with SOX, PCI, HIPAA and other mandates.
How It Works:
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite provides comprehensive auditing and recovery capabilities across complex Windows environments.
Download the BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for Exchange Datasheet (.PDF)