BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for File Systems
Real-Time Auditing and Security Compliance for Windows File System and NetApp
Most organizations are doubling their storage requirements by both size and number of files and folders every year and a half, and those leveraging big data are growing at an even quicker pace. Content on the file systems may contain sensitive information such as intellectual property, financial, customer, patient, human resources, legal or other sensitive data.
Data governance and security concerns are the primary drivers for organizations that need to audit changes to the file system. A single unintended change or inappropriate access to the file system could put an organization at risk of data loss, security breach, or noncompliance. Native auditing is difficult to configure and decipher. Additionally audited information is not centralized. Native auditing produces huge amounts of events making, it difficult to find the important events from the trivial, while also consuming significant resources on the file servers.
Real-time Auditing, Analysis, Alerting, and Reporting for File Systems
PowerBroker Auditor for File Systems enables organizations to protect critical business resources and intellectual property by tightening security and control over Windows file systems and NetApp Filers. Centralized auditing, alerting and reporting capabilities on all key share, file, and folder changes help administrators instantly know the “who, what, where and when” for every access and change event – including before and after values – and schedule reports for data owners to show them who is accessing and modifying their data.
- Monitor and review changes to important file system resources – including attributes such as file create, delete, update, and modify – tightening security and audit procedures
- Comply with regulatory mandates such as GLBA, SOX, HIPAA and PCI through consistent auditing and reporting
- Receive notification of inappropriate modifications
- Reduce manual effort associated with security and compliance reporting
- Drill down to reveal rights history through integration into PowerBroker Privilege Explorer for File System
- Examine access changes to resources not only as the result of file security changes, but also as the result of changing group memberships through integration with PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite
PowerBroker Auditor for File Systems is part of the PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite. The suite provides centralized, real-time change auditing for Active Directory, file systems, Exchange, SQL, and NetApp.
- Audit and Alert - Audit the who, what, where, and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp. Alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns.
- Discover and Enforce - Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources — and only those resources — they need to do their jobs.
- Recover and Roll Back - Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime.
- Extend and Enhance - Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp environments.
Real-Time Centralized File System Auditing and Alerting
Audit, alert and report on all changes made to files, folders and shares in Windows and NetApp in real time without relying on difficult and cumbersome native event logs. Centralized, real-time auditing – including before and after values and simplified event translation – helps to quickly identify changes that can impact the security of data and systems.
Integration Across the Windows Environment
PowerBroker Auditor for File Systems is part of a suite of auditing and recovery solutions that track and alert on changes across the Windows environment – from Active Directory and Exchange, to File System and SQL Server. This “single pane of glass” approach enables administrators to quickly meet compliance needs.
Empower Data Owners to Lower Costs
Reduce the administration of shares and drives by getting the intelligence on data access into the hands of data owners. Interactive analysis reports provide insight to help make better decisions.
Integration with PowerBroker Privilege Explorer for File Systems reveals rights history for users, while integration with PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory examines access changes to resources. Together with PowerBroker Auditor for File Systems, administrators have a complete picture of file access privileges, changes, and activity in a single solution.
Features and Benefits:
File System Auditing and Alerting
- Reduce incident response times: Track the “who, what, where and when” for all file system access and change events – in real time – to a centralized auditing database.
- NetApp auditing: Ensure the security, compliance and control of NetApp files and folders by auditing, reporting and alerting on all changes in real time. Specific attributes audited include file create, delete, update, and modify.
- Simplify migrations: Identifies file resources not updated or accessed to facilitate data cleanup to reduce cost or prepare for migrations.
- Audit event translation: Enable less technical users to understand what activity has occurred while still maintaining the advanced details that administrators require.
- Customize alerting: Design HTML templates or plain text email notifications, and simplify the appending, replacing or removing of recipients to alert notifications.
- Intelligent search: Allow administrators or auditors to filter what they are looking for based on a user-friendly description of the change activity.
- User preferences: Increase usability and enable a consistent experience for users with more than a dozen customizable preferences – from colorblind options to column order.
Compliance and Reporting
- Comply: Accelerates compliance with regulations (HIPAA, SOX, PCI, GLBA and more) by capturing file system change activity in centralized auditing database.
- Before/after value tracking: Provide before and after values for security and property changes – with simple English translation – for easier troubleshooting.
- Streamline processes: Reduce the manual labor costs associated with security and compliance reporting.
How It Works:
PowerBroker Auditor for File System is part of the PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite, which provides comprehensive auditing and recovery capabilities across complex Windows environments.
Download the BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for File Systems Datasheet (.PDF)