BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for SQL Server
Real-Time Auditing and Compliance Reporting for Microsoft SQL Server
Attackers are becoming increasingly sophisticated in an effort to compromise an organization’s data, thus the need to audit database modifications is critical. Databases can be high value targets as they host financial, customer, patient, human resource, client, credit card, and other sensitive information.
Corporate governance drives the need to audit database changes to maintain security, achieve compliance, and improve operational efficiencies. Changes to databases need to be tracked to ensure the integrity and security of the information. Native auditing is difficult to configure, is decentralized, and also requires significant resources.
Real-time Auditing, Analysis, Alerting, and Reporting for SQL
PowerBroker Auditor for SQL tracks and reports on Microsoft SQL Server configuration and database changes. The solution monitors the SQL Server environment in real-time and maintains a central audit log, tracking the “who, what, when and where” for changes, even revealing the exact SQL statement issued where applicable. A centralized, real-time audit database for reporting and alerting enables you to achieve compliance and enact tighter data security controls.
- Monitor and review privileged changes to SQL server configuration, security, and database structure, achieving tighter security and audit procedures
- Comply with regulatory mandates such as GLBA, SOX, HIPAA and PCI through consistent auditing and reporting
- Receive notification of inappropriate modifications
- Reduce manual effort associated with security and compliance reporting
Comprehensive Change Monitoring — Who, What, Where, When
PowerBroker Auditor for SQL captures all the essential information for any modification, including who made the change, what change was made, where it was made, and when it occurred. For every applicable event, PowerBroker captures the SQL statement to clearly highlight the change.
PowerBroker Auditor for SQL provides interactive analysis with flexible, event type filtering and reporting, enabling administrators to accurately isolate users or programs that may be making undesired changes in your environment. PowerBroker’s advanced change monitoring capabilities help you ensure that your organization is in compliance with external regulations and internal security initiatives. You can also prove to auditors that corporate policies for compliance have not deviated over time. Its built-in reporting library offers out-of-the box reporting templates, while the custom reporting wizard makes it easy to create custom reports and alerts on any configuration, server, and/or database changes, including flexible filtering on event types.
With PowerBroker’s zero-touch scheduled reporting, you can run reports against the central database and automatically email reports to administrators, security officers, and business data owners. In addition, PowerBroker Auditor for SQL translates all events into plain language that can be easily understood.
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite
PowerBroker Auditor for SQL is part of the PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite. The suite provides centralized, real-time change auditing for Active Directory, File Servers, Exchange, SQL, and NetApp.
- Audit and Alert - Audit the who, what, where, and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp. Alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns.
- Discover and Enforce - Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources — and only those resources — they need to do their jobs.
- Recover and Roll Back - Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime.
- Extend and Enhance - Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp environments.
Real-Time Centralized SQL Server Auditing and Alerting
Audit, alert and report on all changes made in SQL Server in real time without relying on difficult and cumbersome native event logs. Centralized, real-time auditing – including before and after values and simplified event translation – helps to quickly identify changes that can impact the security of critical systems and data.
Integration Across the Windows Environment
PowerBroker Auditor for SQL Server is part of a suite of auditing and recovery solutions that track and alert to changes across the Windows environment – from Active Directory and Exchange, to Windows File System and SQL Server. This “single pane of glass” approach enables administrators to quickly meet compliance needs.
Features and Benefits:
SQL Auditing and Alerting
- SQL Server auditing: Real-time control and monitoring of SQL (2005, 2008 and 2012) environments including changes to server configurations, security, databases, etc.
- Intelligent: Displays a single entry for every event and provides the originating IP address for each change.
- Comprehensive: Audit event analytics for every object.
- Immediate: Single-click access to the change log of every SQL Server change event.
- Simple configuration: Does not require native event configuration or event logs.
- Integrated: Simplify compliance reporting across the Windows environment.
- Audit event translation: Enable less technical users to understand what activity has occurred while still maintaining the advanced details that administrators require.
- Customize alerting: Design HTML templates or plain text email notifications, and simplify the appending, replacing or removing of recipients to alert notifications.
- Intelligent search: Allow administrators or auditors to filter what they are looking for based on a user-friendly description of the change activity.
- User preferences: Increase usability and enable a consistent experience for users with more than a dozen customizable preferences – from colorblind options to column order.
Compliance and Reporting
- Accelerated: Easily map your SQL activities with regulatory mandates such as GLBA, SOX, HIPAA and PCI through consistent auditing and reporting.
- Extensive: Large library of security and compliance reports.
- Flexible: Plain-English filtering, searching and reporting at the attribute level.
- Fast: Reduce manual effort associated with security and compliance reporting.
How It Works:
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite provides comprehensive auditing and recovery capabilities across complex Windows environments.
Download the BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor for SQL Datasheet (.PDF)