BeyondTrust PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory
Active Directory Recovery & Continuous Backup
Trying to keep up with all the changes made in Active Directory can be an extremely timeconsuming and complex process, with delays in discovering and addressing changes possibly leading to business disruption, not to mention the security and compliance implications of such changes.
PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory, when used with PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory, provides continuous object backup and recovery to minimize the risk of business disruptions. The solution stores every object change in a continuous change log, enabling you to instantly roll back unwanted changes to any previous state, right up to the point of the error. PowerBroker Recovery eliminates tedious manual recovery efforts, saving critical time and ensuring business productivity.
- Minimize the impact of a recovery by recovering just what’s needed
- Recover an individual attribute, object, group of objects, or portion of the directory
- Avoid disrupting end users or affecting other parts of your Active Directory system
- Maintain business continuity and ensure constant AD protection
Maintain Business Continuity with PowerBroker
PowerBroker helps IT organizations meet PCI, SOX, HIPAA, and other compliance requirements by auditing, alerting, and recovering Active Directory changes in real time. Pinpoint changes that introduce security risks, jeopardize compliance, or impact operations via the solution’s real-time tracking of who performed each change, what changed (including pre/post values), when the change occurred, and where the change was made.
Increase Efficiency with Centralized Auditing and Recovery
PowerBroker Auditor and Recovery for Active Directory includes a centralized database to enable both auditing and recovery of AD data, delivering a broader set of capabilities than native AD auditing — without the operational impacts. With PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory, you have a continuous backup technology that enables you to both detect and roll back changes. You can therefore quickly undo accidental or unwanted changes via a single console, without requiring a point-in-time backup.
PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite
PowerBroker Auditor & Recovery for Active Directory is part of the PowerBroker Auditing & Security Suite. The suite provides centralized, real-time change auditing for Active Directory, file systems, Exchange, SQL, and NetApp.
- Audit and Alert - Audit the who, what, where, and when of changes in Active Directory, Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp. Alert to those changes, providing real-time visibility to address potential compliance concerns.
- Discover and Enforce - Deliver entitlement reporting, ensuring that users have access to the resources — and only those resources — they need to do their jobs.
- Recover and Roll Back - Provide rollback and restore of any Active Directory changes or deletions, and backup and restore of Group Policy, protecting the business from downtime.
- Extend and Enhance - Extend throughout the Microsoft infrastructure, providing more capabilities than native tools and a unified view of changes across Exchange, file systems, SQL, and NetApp environments.
Continuous Backup for Easy Recovery
Storing every object change in a continuous change log provides complete object backup and recovery to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
Integration of Audit and Recovery for Efficiency
PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory enables PowerBroker Auditor for Active Directory users to rollback or restore an object or attribute with a single click.
Integration with Native Management Tools for Speed
By integrating PowerBroker Recovery for AD with native management tools and an online recovery database, you speed time to resolution and simplify administration.
Agentless and Single-Agent Options for Performance
With PowerBroker Recovery for AD, you never need more than one agent. All Auditor and Recovery modules that require an agent use a common footprint to mitigate performance impacts on domain controllers.
Features and Benefits:
- Always be ready: Ensure business continuity for critical network resources and applications.
- Increase productivity: Minimize revenue loss from disasters and accidental deletions in Active Directory infrastructure.
- Quickly recover: Bring users back in minutes; not hours.
- Single online recovery database: Maintain simplicity with one database for any number of Active Directory Forests.
- Avoid deployment headaches: Ensure fast, trouble-free deployments with one centralized activity database, one agent, and a single unified console.
- Ensure focus: Track, manage and protect all activities and file permissions through a centralized console.
- Support the largest environments: PowerBroker Active Directory solutions can easily scale to support millions of users and thousands of servers.
- New modules are easily added without interrupting workflow: PowerBroker Recovery for Active Directory is part of the integrated PowerBroker Auditing & Security, so you can easily expand the capability to auditing with little effort.
Integration with Native Tools
- Seamless integration: Get Active Directory, Group Policy and AD LDS (ADAM) support in a single solution.
- Efficiency: Simplify operation and minimize downtime with native tool integrations and an online recovery database.
- Active Directory Integration: Recover deleted or changed Group policy and directory objects with a single click.
How It Works:
PowerBroker Auditor and Recovery for Active Directory are part of the Auditing & Security Suite, which provides comprehensive auditing and recovery capabilities across complex Windows environments.
Download the BeyondTrust PowerBroker Auditor & Recovery for Active Directory Datasheet (.PDF)